SSDI and Mental Illness

Help With Your Social Security Disability Claim In Washington, Oregon Or Idaho

Anyone who has ever been diagnosed with mental illness or a severe and persistent emotional disorder knows that the impairment is as devastating and debilitating as a physical disease or serious injury. The Social Security Administration (SSA) knows it, too. There are dozens of conditions of mental and emotional disorders listed in the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) “blue book” of qualifying impairments and disabilities. The list includes but is not limited to:

  • Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • Personality disorders resulting from traumatic brain injury (TBI)
  • Psychological disorders resulting from stroke or neurological damage
  • Autism, Asperger’s syndrome
  • Addiction to alcohol or narcotics
  • Bipolar disorders, chronic and persistent depression
  • Organic brain syndrome, organic mental disorders
  • Panic and anxiety attacks
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Schizophrenia

If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a mental or emotional disorder and can no longer work, you may be entitled to seek monthly benefits through SSDI. In order to qualify for benefits, you must submit medical records and reports all confirming evidence that you are no longer able to work. The claim application must be completed accurately and on time.

If you reside in Washington, Oregon or Idaho, we invite you to call Tucker & Boklage, PLLC, offices in Vancouver, Washington. We are a team of experienced SSDI claims attorneys with a successful record of helping people obtain benefits for themselves and their family members.

Questions About SSDI For Mental Illness? Ask Us First.

Do you have a child diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness or an emotional disorder? Visit our page on Childhood Disability Benefits to learn more about SSDI benefits for families.

Call us toll free at 800-434-6117 or locally at 360-524-4934 to discuss your claim, or use our convenient email contact form to request a return call from one of our lawyers.