Appeals to Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) claims are where the majority (65 percent) of claimants end up. Unfortunately, too many claimants are unprepared or overwhelmed when faced with an appeal and do not understand why their claims are rejected. Claims are commonly rejected for several reasons, including:
- Discrepancy between what a doctor tells a claimant and the Social Security Administration (SSA)
- The claimant fails to obtain the correct documentation from his or her physician
- A claimant fails to submit the correct documentation
If you have been denied benefits, it's important not to get discouraged - rejection is far from uncommon. It is critical, however, to work with a skilled lawyer who can ensure that every part of your claim is airtight.
Spokane Social Security Disability Appeal Attorney
For over 15 years, we at the law firm of Tucker & Boklage, PLLC, have been practicing Washington state Social Security law and are ready to help with any aspect of your appeals process, including:
- Carefully obtaining evidence and constructing the strongest possible appeal based on necessary documentation
- Advising when additional doctor examination is necessary
- Submission to the SSA
- Filing a request for a hearing
- Preparing you for what to expect in a hearing to allow you to present the strongest testimony
It is important to note that wait times for the appeals process can take months. We will work with you every step of the way.
To discuss any aspect of your SSI appeal or SSDI appeal in a free initial consultation with one of our Portland SSD appeals attorneys, call 360-524-4934 or e-mail us here.